3.03.2011

Eucharisteo

 At dinner last night the kids menu had a map of the world on it - before I had even seen it Sutton drew a heart on Ethiopia and our baby!


So a few of you are saying, "you're reading it too!?!"  And if you have no idea what I'm talking about it's a must read.  I love Ann's journey with God and the way she has found a truly thankful heart despite real pain.  There have been so many pages I've thought me too - only I would not have said it so poetically.  I love the reminder of a thankful heart preparing the way for God!!!  So no friends have challenged me to come up with my own list of 1,000 (nor am I looking for the challenge;-) -  But I've had so many mental notes lately as if I were.....

27.  Snuggly kids first thing out of bed when coffee is still hot and Jesus' voice is still loud in the silence
28.  Touch of my husband just because
29.  Kids spending time with Jesus without prompting
30.  Triple and quadruple digits on the clock - God pursuing me
31.  Long morning runs
32.  Lunch with girlfriends
33.  Late night talks dreaming with my hubby
34.  Children coming home to their forever families
So here are a few I mentally jotted this am and now am pecking - I love being challenged to love Jesus more, take life a little slower, not miss the blessings in the moment and just live life fully right where I am.
I love this by CS Lewis mentioned in 1,000 Blessings:
*If you think of this world as a place intended simply for our happiness, you find it quite intolerable: think of it as a place of training and correction and it's not so bad, it might even be good!

No comments: