3.22.2011

Our favorite activities!

 Enjoying nature
 Being silly together - little amigos, a cactus and a dog

 Sour snow cones
They built a sandcastle around the tent
 Huge zip-line (Braxton)
 Lots of great ice creams stops
 Kite flying
 Jellyfish
And yes that is Sutton holding a jellyfish - apparently the clear ones don't usually sting!  He didn't know that when he picked it up though;-)
 Show me those guns - I think that was what was said prior to this pic
 We did some sand building - but can't take credit for this cool shark
 Grandad was the chief castle builder
 And even managed to bury Preslee
 The kids loved being with their Juju too
Wave jumping
 I would say God completely delighted our hearts above all else in many ways over the week.  It was such a blessing to just go and have fun and not have to be anywhere for a whole week.  One morning when I was spending time with the Lord I was asking Him for a sign.  We have had some specific adoption decisions that are of a timely manner we have been praying through and I was wanting clarity.  One night driving we saw a sign that had one of the names we are pretty much sold on (I'll post a pic when God releases me to;-)  that I don't think I have ever seen another sign with it on there before.  My heart was overwhelmed with Love from the Father and great confirmation that no matter what this road we are walking on looks or feels like, He is so in control!  That same day I got to meet a darling Ethiopian boy with his teenage sister.  I of course asked if he was from Ethiopia and the total story on his life:-)  He has been home a few years; adopted as an infant and the family just more recently adopted an older sibling group - wow!  Thanks God!
Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the LORD,
   and he will give you the desires of your heart.

No comments: