Our sweet puppy Paws got shipped off a few weeks ago. We were going to have to board her for a week while we were out of town for Spring Break. So we decided to send her to get a little training too. Jake asked me what I wanted her to learn - I said, laundry, to organize the pantry, pick up her toys, etc - maybe I'm a bit of a dreamer:-) We got back Monday and she came home Tuesday - very trained. By Tuesday night she was super hot and kind of lethargic and by Friday she couldn't get her head off the ground (not normal for a five month old Golden). So after many talks with our vet over the weekend and her not eating for several days we took her in on Monday and she had pneumonia and it was bad. So she stayed several days there. We have gone to visit and take her a new ice cream cone toy too. We picked her up Thursday afternoon after she had the end of her antibiotics and breathing treatments. The kids put together ALL of their money and brought in $50.16 to go toward bringing her home. Daddy got to pay for the rest. I love how they all put it all in = giving sacrificially. Some of them had been saving for specific things and one even said, "those are just things; she's like a person and has a heart beat." And yes, you bet I took their money with us to the vet and payed toward her bill with it. Moments like this don't present themselves everyday!?!
Proverbs 3:9-10 Honor the LORD with your wealth,
with the first fruits of all your crops;
then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
and your vats will brim over with new wine.

No comments:
Post a Comment