3.01.2011

Just a few treasures!

Because every post is better with a pic!  Last year spring break in Park City - wow how our kids have grown - looking forward to the beach in 2 weeks and hoping next spring break maybe a trip to Ethiopia!?!
The reason we started a blog was because I started to realize that those "so funny you will never forget things our kids do and say" - well 6 months later, I couldn't remember them!  And now to document the process of bringing home #5.  Seasons (especially with little ones) change so quickly and we want to have memorial stones laid along the way - specifically to remember what God has done.  Stay tuned for our blog make over - b/c if you're going to have a blog might as well make it fun!
So a few stories from this week:
Last week I was in the house with the kids and we heard a 'pop' and one of our front doors was completely shattered - but it held together until they could replace it over a week later.  Monday they came with the new glass and my kids were very interested in him taking out the broken glass so they kept coming in from playing basketball to check out the progress.  After the man cleaned up the shattered glass inside and took it to his truck Sutton looked out the window and said, "he must know Jesus; he's doing more than is expected!" So when he came back in (I could overhear all of this from the office) the boys asked, "do you know Jesus?" - Love their boldness!  He said, "well yes".  They were happy with his response and went back out to play some ball; as if saying, "yeah, I could tell".  I stepped out of the office and told him the conversation I had overheard and that his willing to do 'more than is expected' shows people the fruit in our life.  He was super encouraged and I was a proud momma that our kids are getting the kingdom at such a young age! 

The kids were talking about different fairy tales and Brax said, "well she pricked her finger on a syllable" but he caught himself and said laughing, "I wonder how many syllables that was she pricked her finger on?"Spinning wheel and syllable sound a bit alike!?!

Last week we had put the kids to bed normal time and I was reading a book and talking to my hubby - I know talent:-)  We heard talking about an hour and a half after the kids had been put to bed and Preslee is the only one with a room downstairs.  So Jake went to investigate.  Preslee had her 2 six year-old brothers in her bed reading them her current favorite book that she has completely memorized and they were listening to her.  Daddy of course had to split up the party and final bedtime story!

Joshua 4:6-7 In the future, when your children ask you, ‘What do these stones mean?’ tell them that the flow of the Jordan was cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD. When it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever.” 

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Sweet stories. You have amazing kiddos!