Kooper has some little stomach issue this morning - not totally unexpected when overseas. But do pray for his quick recovery - he's so tough after being up most the night he was ready to go this am with the team but in the end we decided it might be better to stay back and I'm glad we did. So I just brought the four of them down to the lobby to return some emails and try to send a quick update before we are picked up. We are still doing great! God is moving more powerfully than I have ever experienced! Healings, deliverance, salvation and not just - I want to get saved - but I want to surrender my life to making Jesus "Lord of my Life"! And entire groups deciding to follow Jesus and making the most powerful decision of their lives. We are having so much fun and running at a pace that I'm not sure we could keep up, but God has given them supernatural strength to do what they were called to do and he is giving us supernatural strength to serve them and partner with them. It is fun to see the kids really get it! So much comes back to just obeying Jesus! I get the mom question about taking kids overseas all the time. I'm definitely not an expert but we have found that every time we get an opportunity to partner with God in another country we simply just ask - who needs to go and what do you want to do? It's a no brainer - we could run harder, do crazier stuff, etc without our precious four. But our call to train up and disciple our kids can't just be from home. How will they get God's heart for the nations, for those who can't defend themselves, for those who have never heard!?! So were doing it. It's not always pretty; naps are not an option here; seatbelts have rarely been in appropriate numbers; my kids have been kissed by many strangers; fed things I have just prayed over because who knows what it is; but they are seeing what Jesus commanded us to do be done, they are seeing Isaiah 61 in action in some of the hardest places on the globe, they are seeing community - did I mention our team is amazing!!! Daddy has preached about 20 times already since we have been here - and we have been flying solo at night but God is keeping us and we are grateful for all God is doing and is going to do the next 5 days before we return. Please continue to pray for peace and grace and safety and the power of God to be poured out!

The kids and I in front of a fall display and hearts in the background - last week was Valentines Day here!
A picture of our entire team (in the central park of Brazil)
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.
1 comment:
love this post Kourt, so fun to watch you bring you kids along the journey with Him!!
Post a Comment